Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sigma lovin'

When it comes to make up brushes the options are endless! There are hundreds of brands out there that sell make up brushes that range from high quality and expensive to low quality and cheap. But that's not always the case! Some brands out there provide affordable brushes that are amazing quality. One brand that's been on the rise and is being compared to MAC Cosmetics is Sigma Beauty! Sigma has been around since 2009 so it's fairly new but is definitely building up a good and solid reputation (and Youtube's Jaclyn Hill is one of the main reasons!). Jaclyn is quite an experienced make up artist and always raves about Sigma brushes on her Youtube channel (she's also our favorite of all time). She used to work at MAC but always recommended for her clients to get Sigma brushes instead. So on that note here are two brushes that Jaclyn has recommended and made us OBSESSED with.

The brush on the left is the Sigma F35 which is considered a Tapered Highlighter brush. Sigma recommends using it with a highlighter to brighten up certain parts of the face. But what we use it for is slightly different. We use it to set under eye concealer and other areas of the face that tend to get oily, with setting powder. After I apply my concealer under my eye (with either a beauty blender or my finger tips), I have the F35 dipped in my setting powder and ready to go. This way I ensure that my concealer has no time to crease. The F35 gives a smooth application when used with powders and is so so fluffy! Since it is tapered and pointy it makes it easy to apply powder under the eye without getting it all over the eye in the wrong places. When I first saw Jaclyn using this in her Youtube videos it looked so damn fluffy and it truly is!

The brush on the right is the one and only Sigma F80 which has been literally everywhere on the internet. So what's it used for? It can be used for blending out liquid or cream products on the face, and let me tell you it does that BEAUTIFULLY. The brush is dense and flat and is synthetic. As a result, when you apply any liquid product onto the brush, it doesn't suck up the product. It simply picks up the product and applies it onto the face. It obviously sucks up some product but definitely less than what brushes that are made out of real hair pick up. Brushes that are made out of real hair, such as horse hair tend to pick up much more product which wastes the product. I use the F80 for every liquid foundation that I apply onto my face. I either put the foundation onto the brush or directly onto my face and start to buff out the product. This brush literally provides an air brushed look and I can confidently say has NEVER left and streaks on my face. So what more can I want from a foundation brush!?

Although Sigma has a good reputation there are people out there that say that their brushes are a hoax. They say that Youtuber's that rave about these brushes are probably paid to talk about them and get better quality brushes than what everyone else receives. But that is DEFINITELY not the case for us. We purchased these products with our own money and have absolutely loved them so we're providing an honest review.

You can purchase either brush on the Sigma beauty website since they don't have too many physical locations where they can be purchased:

Purchase Sigma F80 here for $24
Purchase Sigma F35 here for $24

No comments:

Post a Comment