Saturday, June 11, 2016

YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer

          Up today on the blog is the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Primer! This primer is very eye catching, I mean who can pass on sleek packaging and gold flakes?! So to start off lets talk about what the primer claims to do. The primer is supposed to blur imperfections, illuminate the face, even out your skintone, and smooth out your skin’s texture. Also, it contains a few nourishing oils including corn, kernel, passiflora, and rice bran oil. After using it a few times, I have to say that this product might not be not worth it. At a $52 price point, I found that it didn’t do much different than other much cheaper primers.

          As someone with combination skin, this primer made me end up looking like a greasy mess. Don’t get me wrong, I love looking dewy and even the slightest bit oily but this primer just looked all sorts of wrong. I didn’t really change up my foundation routine or set more of my face just so I don’t get as oily because I feel like that’s counteractive. The primer definitely smoothed out my skin’s texture and skin tone, but didn’t do much else. I noticed no difference in pore size, which is really upsetting! At the same time, I noticed that the days I did ended up using this primer, my makeup just looked really bad and patchy.

          So who would we recommend this primer for? Probably someone with really dry skin. Also, a lot of the reviews online recommend it for more mature skin so maybe it’s worth trying if you have more fine lines or wrinkles. Despite not loving the YSL primer I’m definitely not giving up on it and am going to try it a few more ways to see if it works better with certain products.

The primer is on sale at Nordstrom right now so you can check it out at the link below:
 Yves Saint Laurent "Touche Eclat Blur Primer"

XO, RLS

No comments:

Post a Comment